Terms of Service
EFFECTIVE DATE: NOVEMBER 1, 2022
The Scalps (the “Scalps”, “we”, or “us”), may offer and operate certain content, functionality, applications, and services (collectively the “Services”), including, without limitation, access and use of these website (www.scalps.co) and all applications therein.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using or accessing the Services. By accessing or using any of the Services we provide, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. We may modify these Terms of Service at any time, and such modification will be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms of Service to this website. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of the revised Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the revised terms.
By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you:
- are 13 years of age or older;
- are not barred to use the Services under any applicable law;
- are either (a) using the Services only for your own personal use or (b) using the Services for another entity with authorization from such entity, and you have authority to agree to and do agree to these Terms of Service on behalf of such entity; and
- you will comply with these Terms of Service and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations in your usage of the Services.
If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Services.
Accessing the Services
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services at our sole discretion without prior notice. You acknowledge and agree that from time to time the Services may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including without limitation:
- equipment or technology malfunctions;
- periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which Scalps may undertake from time to time; or
- causes beyond the control of Scalps or which are not reasonably foreseeable by Scalps.
If for any reason the Services are inaccessible or inoperable, you agree to hold harmless Scalps for any impact this inaccessibility or inoperability may have upon you or your use of the Services.
You agree that you will use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service. You agree that you are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur with regard to your use of the Services, and you agree not to engage in prohibited use of the Services, as specified below.
You will not, under any circumstances, do any of the following:
- use the Services to defraud, threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- cause disruptive incidents;
- act, or fail to act, in your use of Services, in a manner that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries);
- provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information;
- send, upload, download, or knowingly receive, use, or re-use any material which does not comply with these Terms of Service;
- scrape or collect information from the Services about others, including, without limitation, email addresses, without prior consent from us;
- attempt to disrupt, interfere, damage, or gain unauthorized access to any parts of the Services or any other computer network, server, computer, or database connected to the Services;
- impersonate or attempt to impersonate Scalps, an Scalps employee, contractor, or director, or any other person or entity;
- disseminate, store, or transmit viruses, scareware, Trojan horses, or other malicious code or program;
- use the Services to engage in or support any phishing, spoofing, or similar attack;
- use the Services to engage in or support fraudulent, unlawful, or criminal activity;
- engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services; or
- engage in any other activity deemed by Scalps to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of these Terms of Service or that, as determined by us, may harm Scalps or users of the Services, or may expose them to liability.
Changes to the Services
We may modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services or any part thereof without prior notice. You agree that we will not be liable for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services or any part thereof.
Information and other material provided through the Services may also be updated from time to time, but such content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date, and we are under no obligation to update such content or any other part of the Services, which you acknowledge by use of the Services.
Reliance on Information and Published Content
The Services may include information and other educational content. This content is made available solely for general information purposes, and we do not warrant its accuracy, usefulness, or completeness. Any reliance you place on such content is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such material by you or any other user of the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Services may mention and link to other sites, services, and resources provided by third parties. Scalps makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding any site, service, or resource provided by a third party, including, without limitation, any representations or warranties regarding its accuracy, completeness, usefulness, security, or legitimacy. Scalps has no control over third party sites, services, and resources, and is not responsible for any harm, loss, or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites, services, or resources, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions for such sites, services, or resources.
Additional Terms and Conditions
Additional terms and conditions may apply to specific applications, features, or portions of the Services. All such additional terms and conditions are hereby incorporated by this reference into these Terms of Service. Such terms shall be read to be consistent with these Terms of Service to the greatest extent possible. In the event of a direct conflict between these Terms of Service and the terms for any specific application, the terms and conditions for the specific application shall control.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights and laws of applicable countries. You agree to abide by all applicable proprietary rights and laws, as well as any trademark or copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Terms of Service.
These Terms of Service permit you to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use only. Unless otherwise expressly indicated, You are prohibited from modifying, copying, displaying, distributing, transmitting, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works from, or using any portions of the Services for commercial or public purposes without our express authorization or as expressly permitted by applicable copyright or trademark law.
Except as otherwise indicated elsewhere by the Services, you may view, download and print the content available on the Services subject to the following conditions:
- The content must be used solely for personal, informational, non-commercial purposes;
- The content must not be modified or altered in any way;
- The content must not be distributed;
- You must not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the content;
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by any end user license agreement for such applications;
- We reserve the right to revoke the authorization to view, download, and print any content available with the Services at any time; and
- The rights granted to you constitute a non-exclusive and revocable license and not a transfer of title. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by Scalps.
The “Scalps,” its logos, and any related product or service names, logos, or slogans, including, without limitation, the “Scalps” name and design, contained herein are trademarks or service marks of the Scalps and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted in this Terms of Service, our Brand Policy, or with the prior written permission of Scalps. All other trademarks, names, or logos mentioned in connection with the Services are the property of their respective owners and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the written permission of the applicable trademark holder. The inclusion of any such reference does not constitute an approval, endorsement, or recommendation by us.