EFFECTIVE DATE: JUNE 1, 2023
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information you provide to us when you browse our Sites, create an online account, post messages to our forums, sign up for email alerts and newsletters, provide feedback through forms or surveys, participate in any interactive features, or otherwise use our Services. The types of information we may collect include your name, username, email address, profile picture, password, or public key, and any other information you choose to provide. We also collect the information you submit through your communications with us such as communications to learn more about our Services, contribute to our Services, report a security bug, receive lumens, or apply for a job with Scalps.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To deliver the content of our Sites and Services, including, without limitation, to improve the content of our Sites, notify visitors to our Sites about updates, and recognize visitors to the Sites;
- To respond to your comments, questions, and requests and to provide support services;
- As required by Scalps to enable our business, including for research and analytics purposes;
- To protect the security and performance of our interests, including our assets and systems;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in order to operate and improve our Services;
- To manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- As otherwise disclosed at the time personal information is collected. We do not use automatic decision-making (i.e., making decisions solely by automated means without any human involvement) or profiling (i.e., automated processing of personal information to evaluate certain aspects of an individual).
Where we intend to use or otherwise process your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with information regarding the purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal information for the new purpose.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Third party vendors who process data on behalf of Scalps, such as analytics providers who track and analyze the performance of our Sites and related analytics;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, law enforcement investigation, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing. The Sites may also include, or provide access to, features and forums where you can post public comments and communicate with other users. We are not responsible for the other users’ use of available information, so you should carefully consider whether and what to post or how you identify yourself.
We may also share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without restriction.
Your information may be shared with third party services such as a PayPal & PayPal Express, but in general, your information will only be proved to such third-parties in order to allow them to perform the necessary services they provide to us. For instance, the third party payment gateway service provider PayPal Express will be provided with your information in order to process your payment to allow your order to be placed at scalps.co . Third party providers such as PayPal may have their own separate privacy policies with respect to the information that must be provided to them in order for their products to be used. Please note that these third-parties may be geographically located in a jurisdiction different from ours or yours and electing to use these services may subject your information to the laws and jurisdictions of that provider’s location.
We work with third parties that collect information about your use of the Sites. For example, Scalps uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Sites and for analytics purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses information when you use our website, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Third-Party Links and Tools
If you reside in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland you have a right:
- To request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal information;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal information;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal information about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal information directly to another (i.e., a right to data portability); and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal information. To exercise these rights, contact us using the “Contact Us” section below. Please be aware that Scalps may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so. Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
Retention Of Information
We will retain your personal information on file for as long as necessary for our legitimate business purposes. When we no longer need it for the purpose we collected it, we take steps to destroy it unless we are required by law or regulation to keep it longer.
How We Protect Your Information
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, however, we cannot guarantee 100% security of any information that we maintain.
To update your contact information or change your communication preferences, including to stop email communications from us, please contact us through the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section below. In accordance with applicable laws, you may also unsubscribe from certain types of email communications from us by using the link provided in the email.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable a relevant Site to recognize a previous visitor.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Sites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
By email: email@example.com