EFFECTIVE DATE: MAY 1, 2023
Welcome to the Trademark and Brand Policy (“Policy”) of the Scalps (the “Scalps, “we”, or “us”). This Policy describes the conditions under which you may use our trademarks and brands.
Why is this Policy necessary? While we encourage active innovation on the Scalps platform, we want to ensure that our community has a consistent and high-quality experience with the Scalps brand. Our having a definitive brand policy helps everyone avoid and stop scammers that might use the Scalps name to steal, defraud, or mislead.
Intent of the Trademark and Brand Policy
We value the trust that our community has placed in our team. We protect our trademark rights to ensure that the Scalps name stands for both quality and integrity, both today and in the future.
Note that our brand policy does not categorically forbid our community from using the Scalps Marks. In fact, we encourage the members of our community to use the Scalps Marks, so long as they do so in an acceptable and consistent manner.
Generally speaking, you may use the Scalps Marks in the manner permitted in this Policy so long as you don’t do any of the following:
- Confuse consumers or users of the Scalps software or participants of the Scalps community;
- Make false or misleading statements;
- Imply or state that the use is affiliated with or authorized by the Scalps, unless you’ve obtained written permission beforehand;
- Imply an endorsement or sponsorship with the Scalps, unless you’ve obtained written permission beforehand; or
- Damage or diminish the reputation and goodwill of Scalps Marks.
What are the Scalps Marks?
The Scalps Marks are any and all marks, symbols, and trademarks owned or used by the Scalps, including but not limited to:
- our “Scalps” word trademark;
- our “Scalps” word mark;
- our “Scalps Semicircle” design mark:
- our “Scalps Circle” design mark:
For context, the term “trademark” includes any word, name, symbol, or device (or any combination of those) that is used by a person or entity to:
- Identify and distinguish their goods and services from those offered by others, and/or
- Indicate the source or origin of those goods and services
Permissions For Scalps Marks
A. Certain Personal, Non-Commercial Uses
You may use the Scalps Marks to express your affinity for our products in a truthful, personal, and non-commercial manner – for example on t-shirts, stickers, and other things that you share with your friends.
B. Trade Names, Trademarks, Domain Names, and Internet Account Names
You may not use the Scalps Marks in, or as a part of, any trade name, trademark, domain name, internet account name, or social media name without prior written consent from Scalps.
C.Services Related to Scalps Software and Services
If you offer goods or services that are related to Scalps goods or services, you may use Scalps’s word marks (but not logos or design marks, unless otherwise authorized in writing) to truthfully describe your offering in your descriptions. However, this is conditional on that you do not purposefully, accidentally, negligently, or inadvertently mislead or confuse customers into thinking that your offering is:
- An official Scalps,
- Sponsored/endorsed by Scalps, or
- Otherwise affiliated with Scalps.
D. Permission for Other Uses
If you’d like to use the Scalps Marks in a way that’s not covered by this Policy, or if you have any questions regarding this Policy, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Use of the Scalps Marks
The following general requirements apply to all uses of the Scalps Marks for which you have received permission, either through this Policy or through a license from Scalps
- Use the Precise Mark. Scalps’s trademarks should be used in their exact, most up-to-date form. They should neither be abbreviated nor combined with other words.
– Acceptable: Scalps
– Unacceptable: ScalpsFinance
– Unacceptable: ScalpsSocial
- Designate it as a Mark. The first or most prominent mention of a Scalps Mark should be accompanied by a ™ symbol, to indicate that it is a trademark.
“Scalps” is a trademark of the Scalps. All rights reserved.
Logo and Design Mark Use
You must use graphic Scalps Marks (including logos and design marks) in the form in which it is made available by Scalps. To avoid confusion, you may not alter the color, font, proportions, or any other aspect of our logos and design marks without our prior consent.
You must also set a logo or design mark off from the other content appearing in your use, and must not place it in such close proximity to other content that it is indistinguishable from that other content.
Except in connection with the personal, non-commercial uses permitted by this Policy, you may not make our logo or design mark the most prominent feature of your use.
Reporting Trademark Abuse
Please report any misuse of the Scalps Marks to firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide us with as much information as you can about the use you think may be infringing. We’ll investigate the use, and take appropriate action, if warranted.
Thank you for cooperation and understanding!